Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I would be considered a Calvinist...


This would be so because I hold fast to TULIP- Total Depravity, Unconditional Election, Limited Atonement, Irresistible Grace and Perseverance of the Saints. For further understanding and background about Calvinism please go HERE .
This doctrine has heavily helped my understanding concerning grace and soteriology.
The average Christian I would venture to say have not a clue that their belief falls under one of the two theologies, Calvinism or Arminianism. I would also venture to say that if many of us knew more about the history of Christianity, ie. the Reformation, quite possibly maybe more would have an interest in knowing and representing their theological stance. Since the time of the early church, disputing false teachers/ings, demon doctrines, etc. has been a topic of the Christian faith and has been violently defended by true saints of God. Dont get me wrong there are a vast amount of men and women who do care and are aware, but I would have to say there are just as many if not more who do not know.

I believe it to be the believers duty to grow in knowledge and wisdom of our Lord Jesus Christ and to valiantly defend the word of truth.
In order to do so you must have a stance. What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment